Well dapper friends, we've made it to the end of another week. That alone calls for a little toast - we know you deserve it!
When 5 o'clock hits at C + L HQ, you're likely to find us mixing up a little cocktail; and our go-to is The Leopold. We're excited to share the recipe with you today! The Leopold is our take on a Negroni. It's slightly more labor intensive, but worth every ounce of trouble - you have our word on that.
So break out your rocks glass! No doubt we're raising a glass alongside you.
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/4 oz. Aviation Gin
- 3/4 oz. Campari
- 1/2 oz. Aperol
- 1 1/4 oz. Carpano Antica Vermouth
- Fresh orange peel
1. Start with a glass decanter of packed ice. Pour the gin over the ice and slowly stir with a bar spoon, until it starts to "bloom" and you notice the starches breaking down in the water. (We were lucky enough to pry this secret out of our favorite bartender and are forever indebted. It takes a little extra effort, but trust us.)
2. Once the gin begins to bloom, add your Campari, Aperol, and Vermouth. Gently stir and then strain into a rocks glass with ice.
3. Use a peeler to produce a long orange peel. We've found magic in a quick squeeze of the peel over a flame. The oils will flair up quickly and add a delicious finish when dropped into the glass.
4. Immediately start making the next round! :)
P.S. Need a soundtrack for your mixology? Give our launch playlist a spin!
Cheers! And have a brilliant weekend.